Friday, February 1, 2008

Why You Should Quit Your Day Job

"Luck is Preparation Meeting Opportunity" - Oprah Winfrey

What is the Purpose of this Blog?

It's 4am and Im staring blankly at a word document with my Goals for 2008 staring back at me:

"Make 500$ a week in passive Income."

This blog will cover the learning process Im about to embark on.

Short Term Goals:
  • Figure out exactly How i will make first 10$ Online.
  • Make 10$ Online.

Why am i doing this or, why trade your time for a wage?


From my perspective on the world I see alot of good, honest, hardworking people accepting the "norm". By this i mean trading your time for a wage. To most people this seems perfectly reasonable, Afterall, everyone else does it, Right? Well Im abit of a critical thinker and I feel like alot of these people are getting screwed.

Why should I have to receive a wage proportional to my time? With any depth of thought this system is fundamentally flawed, Your employer doesn't have this limitation, does he? He's earning money all the time, Why not earn money while your sleeping or doing a hobby? Why not earn money all the time? Just because being the humble employee is common doesn't mean YOU should deem it acceptable.

But some employee's make plenty of money!


True? Yes, This is true and good for them, Some are even interested and passionate about their jobs which is fantastic. But the only reason they recieve a generous salary is because someone above them is making far far more, and probably not working half as hard. Moreso, This person or people at the top of the chain have the option of cutting of the employee's "steady income" at a whim. Two words is all it takes, "You're Fired" and suddenly things aren't so peachy. Are you passionate about what you do? Does your job challenge you in a way that satisfy's you in the long term? When you work for yourself you have the freedom to set your own goals and challenges and ultimately please yourself.

Does your job conflict with your deeper values?

Have you ever set aside your dignity to get along or please someone in your work enviroment? Have you ever compromised your self respect or honesty? worse yet does it happen at a more or less regular basis? To me all of those things add up to sacrificing your integrity which is something I wont allow for myself.

What can I do about this?

Well, You can either become the boss yourself or start making an income of other means. You dont have to be employed by someone else or trade your time to earn money. All you have to do is provide some form of genuine value - and people will happily give away their hard earned to you without sparing a thought. All you have to do is spend some time figuring out
Exactly what can you provide? Who will benefit from it the most? And Finally, Provide a direct link between the two.

The first Ten Dollars of Passive Income!


On this blog I will document some of the things im learning and applying on my road to my goal. The all important HOW??

In other words, how i plan on achieving a five hundred dollar a week income. I've spent the last few days reading, listening and learning and a clear path is beggining to form. I'l post and update this when im ready, For now I'm setting a clear short term goal.

Before I can make 500 Dollars a week,
Lets make Ten dollars!

No comments: